Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Been a while, sorry!

Sorry it's been a couple of days. Time has just been flying by. Coy's been at a confernece in Austin, so it's just been me and the girls. I sweat I have been to the grocery store every day (or it seems like it). The girla are eating alot of cereal this summer! My blood sugar and blood pressure have been dropping unexpectedly, too. Like way down . I get real dizzy and weak adn start sweating. SOOOOO, I went to the dr. and I get to go off a diabetic medicine and a blood pressur medication! He took som e blood this morning to make sure everything else is looking good as well !YAHOO! That was one of my initial goals when I started losing weight. So I am a happy camper...well, sort of! I also went to my ENT dr in Dallas. Apparantly being outside and whatever has caused my sinuses to literally swell up. SO I get to go on 3 weeks of two kinds of steroids. Going to be challenge since they make me hungry and keep me awake. But if it helps me feel better I will do it. Seriously, though, it's like here we go again and I wonder if it will ever end. I guess I just feel like whining tonight. I shouldn't. Coy's home. I love it when he's home. I guess I just need some lovin'!

I think I am going to look up some scriptures tonight to try and learn during the next 3 weeks. Any suggestions on some? I expect I will be up during all hours these next few weeks....I will try to remember to post! I should be able to keep up with my walking as well. I hope to go walking here in a bit...

~Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Good news about being able to get off the meds. I know you're not excited @ the steroids though. You are right tho, it does seem like a vicious cycle trying to get it (sinuses) under control. Hang in there and I hope the meds help the swelling. I know how you feel on the steroids--they make me SO HUNGRY, I was up 2-3 times a night eating something, ANYTHING!! So be prepared and have those healthy snacks ready!! You can do it! beki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,
    I just have to tell you that I was just able to read over your posts! I'm very proud for you and being able to get off of the meds! Hang in there!! You got this!! I miss our 'meetings'! We need to figure out a way to visit again! I need the accountability as well! Not doing bad, just making excuses too easily! After reading your blog though, you have re-kindled that fire within me to get serious again!! Keep up the good work!! We WILL FINISH this! :o)

    Hugs!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete