Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BS 119
217.5
2.0

Woke up in a very irritable mood. Made worse by gaining another pound! 3 pounds in 3 days! I'm hoping it's all water weight and I can get rid of it soon!


Yeah! USA advances! Of course I am interested in that because Grace is. I love seeing her smile. Her meds seem to really make a difference. She has been very faithful about taking them, too. I went to the grocery store; trying my best to shop on the outside aisles! Got a bag of oranges and some more strawberries to freeze. I also got some grapes. My find of the trip was hummus. Now I was planning on trying to make some in teh food processor, but I have no reason to now! The chickpeas in the can were very high sodium and I didn't even bother looking for tahini. BUT I found some premade, all natural with no preservatives and it was low sodium. I got the forty spice kind. Oh my.....hummus is a new favorite! I ate it with a serving (yes I counted) of pretzels. I can so see hummus and veggies being a lunch for me at least once or twice a week when school starts. Hummus tastes alot like a bean dip. The spcies in this one were perfect for me. Not to mild and not too hot. Just right! I also got 2 whole chickens to cook down and freeze the meat. I am thinking baout cooking up alot of meats for and freezing them for when shool starts. I can just grab something and go and it should thaw out by lunch time. Whatcha think? Good idea? Bad idea? Coy thinks as lon g as I eat what's in the freezer with 6 months or so. I htink it would last longer in the freezer, but I don't know for sure.

The hummus really filled me up as well. I will eat a tuna fish sanwich in a bit. I am planning on chicken for supper.


Went to church and had tuna melt for supper. DId well overall today. no extra walking, though because of church.

1 comment:

  1. I cook things for the freezer every summer. If you package them well, they should last 6 months. I sometimes have a few things still in the freezer at spring break. Oh, and I have gained 7 pounds recently, even with all the swimming. My measurements have gone down, so I am trying not to be bummed about that.
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete