Sunday, July 18, 2010

Getting ready

I have several things I am getting ready for this week. One is vacation. Yes, I have to get ready for vacation. As OCD as I am I have to have every in its place before I leave. I do not like coming home to a messy house. I will go so far as to empty the dishwasher before we leave. I think I get this from my mom because I remember her being this way when we were growing up. I already have several lists to double check everything.

The other thing I am getting ready for is to go back on my diet. I know what a struggle it will be. I have had a  had a fatty, cholesterol weekend (mostly by my choice)  and am missing my fruits and veggies! So in preparation for going back on the 'natural' diet, I am praying specifically that I will know when I am full and will stop eating at that point. That's my focus this week. No, I can't really follow the 'natural' diet on vacation, but I can make some good choices while we are out and about.  So please pray specifically for me about this.

When I first started this journey I realized that I had to have God's help. Unfortunately I feel like I got away from that way of thinking as it went on. Ultimately, though, I know in my heart that all my success so far has been BECAUSE he  helped me. I am looking for a good Bible verse to help remind myself of this. Anyone have a suggestion????  I want something I can memorize, write down everywhere and write on my heart forever. Kind of like a fireman's training. They tell you that you're training will kick in when you need it most. I want my Biblical training to kick in! I need some susggestions because you may have found something I haven't! I know my prayer request isn't life threatening or as as serious as some other's needs, but it is my need.  I believe God doesn't rank needs. He helps everyone who asks him. I listen to my daughter pray and she says the most simple, wonderful prayers that remind me every time that God is so intestered in our everyday, ho hum life. Even if we are trying to lose weight, he is interested. Think about it. Think about how much more we could serve Him if we feel better and have more energy!  And what a testimony to others that HE has helped you accomplish your goals!

~Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Im no help with the bible verse, but know I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete