Sunday, July 25, 2010

No diet this week!

No diet this week...we are on vacation! And having a blast! Yesterday we made it to the Underground Salt Mine in Kansas. Wow it was awesome! We went 650 underground in less than  a minute, partially in compete, I mean complete darkness! We learned how they mine the salt. It's really pretty interesting. It was a cool 68 degrees underground as well! Very interesting!

Then this morning we go tup early and hit the trail to Mt. Rushmore. Totally worth  the drive! My walking paid off as I was able to walk the trails with the family. Lots of steps. and what goes down must come up! THen we hit the trail to the Battle of the Little Big Horn Monument. SO interesting! Of course we got the Coy Holcombe crash course on teh way there, so we kind of knew what happended. What was interesting to me was there were little kids everywhere at Rushmore and hardly any here. Mostly older men. I'm guessing vets. Grace really seemed to enjoy this. JoGail wa smore interested in the free range horses Coy's done great driving. I can't say that I have stayed awake very well, though. I must have been really tired! I've slept in teh car most mornings til about 9 then I kind of start waking up. Speaking of which, I need to go to bed so I can stay awake tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment