Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thinking

Still taking prednisone...
Still not back on my diet like I need to be....
Still waiting on my baby to feel wondeferul after getting her wisdom teeth pulled..
Still enjoying JoGail every day...you never know what she's going to come up with !
Still thankful. THANKFUL. There's so much to be thankful for! I used to have a notebook (still have it somewhere I am sure...probably in the cedar chest) where I wrote down the thing I am thankful for. Even when things seem the most depressing I can look at my list and get a little smile out of me. One of the things I am always thankful for is Coy. We have quite a romantic (ha) story. The internet is not the place for me to share our story, but trust me on this one! Two of the most unlikely people to even think about dating each other! I will say that God led me to love him. He had to .....I detested Coy sooo much. I began praying earnestly for people that I DID NOT LIKE. and yep, he made the list-was at the top. I prayed for him almost every day for years.....years, people! Our engagement did not set the world on fire, either. He asked me at a red light after I graduated from college...yep there's that romance for ya! But it was soo sweet. He had wrapped the ring in an empty phone box (remember how big phones were back then....it was a cordless phone box) with Christmas wrapping paper. He had stuffed the box with canned vegetables to weigh it down. Some people thought we would never last. But we have. We have more than lasted. He has become more of  God fearing man that I ever imagined in my wildest dreams. He shares his faith with the girls.  He loves me....whether I am happy, depressed, manic or just so so . He just loves me. He works hard for the school he works for. He is loyal to the core to the kids and employees in that school. He always thinks about the kids when making a decision. Kids that may not even know who he is he loves and accepts and follows...and believes in. Yes, it's been a hard 16 years. Some days were really really hard. But I still pray for him. Always will. God's not through with us yet. I think back to those people who verbally told me that Coy and I would never make it. "You are  too different."  They obviously didn't believe in the power of my God. So I am continuing to pray for Coy every day. I fully believe that's the best way to show my husband how much I love him and believe in him. One more thought on Coy.....I love the way he loves me. It may not be the most romantic or traditional. But it's what makes us us.

2 comments:

  1. And like they say, "Opposites attract!" How boring would it be if you were both alike? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Laurie--I have found that the people that make verbal opinions known are either miserable in their own life or jelous! We just need to pray for them to have some happiness. I keep telling Jason that the day we stop argueing, it will be over. 24+ years and still going strong-:o)

    ReplyDelete