Monday, July 12, 2010

A Girly Girl day.....with Grace

Good morning! I have been up early this Monday with a headache. Probably jsut a nervous headache sisnce today is the day I take Grace to Children's. I just don't know WHAT to expect! Probably all it is! She's up and already ready for workouts. This is her last week since she has her mission trip next week. I think she's a little sad she will miss the last week of workouts, but also happy that' she gets to go on a mission trip! I can't believe she's old enough to go on one!


10:30 PM Same night....

Oh my we had so much fun! race and I didn't get back until 9:30 or so. We had sooo much fun....once we got through at the doctor's! It was a two hour appointment!

My day started with about a 2 hour walk at the track.....we lost track of how far we went....we just get walking and talking! Several were getting back from vacations and mini vacations so we had alot to talk about! It was overcast which kep tthe temperature down so we just kept going.....one more slow lap turned into 4 more slow laps! I so wish I could figure out how to keep walking during the school year. Any ideas? Getting up earlier means walking in the dark. Walking when I come in means a late supper and I have trouble falling asleep sometimes plus we have activities at night. I'm considering doing it as asoon as I get home...regardless. I just don't have the confidence that it will work!

After we got cleaned up we took JoGail to Jaci's. Those two can have so much fun together. The don't need to be entertained.....trust me, they entertain themselves. And they usually include Jaci's little sister, so that's a big help to Julie. They rarely watch tv or movies...they are usually outside or playing dress up or (OK only after Coy taught us that the antenae has to be up for the Garmin to work....)We went to the doctor first. Thankfully they were on time. I think she felt like a weirdo because evidently Children's is a teaching hospital, so there were all kinds of ears listening to her story today. I remember feeling that way when I was pregnant and went to Scott and White.  They want to up her medicine a little. I am cautious about this, but we'll try it for a week and see. Then we found Northpark...only 5 miles from Children's!!!!  We hit Victoria's Secret much to the dismay of Grace. Once she got in there she was much better and I think actually enjoyed it. Then we went to Macy's and I plopped her in a chair and promptly told the lady she needed to be taught how to put makeup on. Hayleigh did a great job! We'll see how much Grace applies! Then we shopped. I found some stuff at Macy's and Grace looked for school shirts. She discovered, on her own, that her wide shoulders make it hard to fit iinto the cute little t shirts she thought she wanted. So we struck out there. BUT she did find some Chuck Taylor basketball shoes she has been wanting. White. Just like we used to wear. I remembe rbeing in 7th-8th grade and gettign hand me down shoes from the high school and we had shoes like that. We alkso had polyester uniforms in high that had a collar that had to be ironed, but we won't go there!)Then we foudn the cheesecake factory. OH MY! Grace asked me if it was on my diet......I promptly told her that this was NOT a diet day. She had th shrimp and angel hairpasta and I had fried zuchinni and chicken croquettes. We brought home half our food and didn't have an inch of room for dessert.....sad when you are at Cheesecake Factory! Then we found the Mega Half Price Book store. Biggest bookstore we had ever been in! That was a great way to end Grace and Mom's day together. We just enjoye dit and enjoyed being together. It blows my wee little mind away when I thin kthat she will be a freshman in high school this time next year. She's growing up fast!

2 comments:

  1. OK--first thing--You went to the cheescake factory and did not have cheesecake?!?!?!?! That is a crime!
    The half price mega store is amazing!!! I can't take Jess there. We always spend at least $100. She loves the antiques book section. It sounds like ya'll had a great day. I am happy for you, although I would have loved to see a picture of Grace's face at Victoria's Secret and after the make over--did you take one???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did take pictures at Macy's! They are in my phone and I don't know how to get them out!

    ReplyDelete